Thursday, October 2, 2014

Before and After with my Dream Client


As a designer , I am so lucky to be doing what I love .  The fact that I get to work with amazing people is such a bonus.  About a year ago, I met my "Dream Client" or I should say , One of my Dream Clients.  Meg is someone who is so open to suggestions and professes that she "really isn't good at decorating".  I disagree.  Here are a few images of the before and after of her living room transformation.
 Although, we still have some finishing touches for the space.  It feels  transformed. I think she might think differently about her decorating capabilities.
Here is a before picture, the space is beautiful, bright and has great bones.  It does however, have many design issue that can be challenging to decorate.  The room is long and narrow , has two accesses from different rooms, it also has multiple focal points ; the fireplace and the large window in the front of the house.  We decided to use Meg's own sofa and her Mother Millie's two absolutely fabulous rattan chairs upholstered in a navy felt,  they make the space.  As I like to repeat,  I love contrasts. I think they work in any space and really make a room come to life. We added Phillip Jeffries Grass cloth to the walls, layered a brindle hide on top of a natural jute rug and added an acrylic table to the mix.  The drapery panels are a Holly Hunt Perennials fabric  in a navy and tan ,it is one of my favorite fabrics ever.  The large window in the front of the room was outfitted with white wood plantation shutters.



We have moved on to other areas of the house, and I can't wait to share the pictures with you.  Thank you Meg, for being a dream….
photos taken by Sarah Winchester www.sarahwinchester.wordpress.com




















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the living room and grass cloth
What color/ style of Philip Jeffries did you use?

Kelly McGuill said...

Thank you for your comment. We used the arrowroot in wheat. It's absolutely beautiful. All my best, kelly

emily said...

so pretty! those rattan chairs are stunning, and i love the fabric choice! I love how warm the grasscloth makes the room. great job...can't wait to see the rest of the house.

An Urban Cottage said...

Kelly!

I've been e-mail you just but just haven't gotten to it yet. I followed a link on another designer's website that featured a photo of your living room and it brought me to your blog where I see you've done some new posts.

If you take a quick peek at my blog, you might notice a few familiar things in my first photo. The book I did the photos for never came to fruition so I decided to use a few of photos.

Glad to hear that you're busy and great to see a few beautiful tidbits from your world. I love the first photo of this living room because there's this very subtle antiqued red (brick), white (grasscloth) and blue color scheme going on.

So nice to see some of your new work!

Steve

Michelle said...

Fabulous! Awesome work! Love your posts.

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! The combination of grass cloth and navy blue accents have me swooning. Well done! So glad to see you're back to blogging!