I've slowly started getting my house ready for the Holidays and as usual, I'm keeping things simple. And I'm not one to haul all the "Christmas Stuff" down from the attic. I love using the items I love year round and just tweaking them for the occasion.
1. White Orchids are "O SO" beautiful and "O SO"easy to care for (get it...after my blog O SO D!" For the holidays I'll add a few ornaments to the moss that covers the pots. It's nothing too crazy, but it does give it a festive flare.
2. Another favorite of mine are the small Alberta spruce trees. I take my favorite vessel and place them inside. They instanly holiday up any space.
3. White or red cyclamen plants add pizzazz to any tabletop. The are a bugger to keep alive (give me an orchid anyday) but they make me happy.
4. I love trees --- big or small but always real!
5. Fairy light, as my friend Elaine from London calls them, add so much to a space at any time of day. Try them on one of those trees or placed in a glass vase.
6. Cylinder vases,with ornaments of all different sizes, make such a fun centerpiece
7. I also love to use inexpensive interior spotlights and shine them on my favorite holiday decoration in any room.
8. Wreaths, both inside and out. They are beautiful and their scent is heavenly.
9. Red berries everywhere ----and anywhere (anyroom --- any surface).
Got to go....I need to stop making lists and start decorating. December 25th is going to be hear before you know it. I’ll keep you posted if I think of anything else.
Fa La LA la LA la la LA La!
These last 5 images are from photo shoots and as you can see I do the same thing.