Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa Baby... I'd like this kitchen, please.

Santa, I've been a very good girl this year , and if possible I'd like this kitchen. Situated in Greenwich Connecticut, it is one of my most favorites . The images are from house beautiful's 2008 Kitchen of the Year. Every inch of this space was so well thought out. I love the 14 foot long island with a 2 1/2" thick slab of carrara marble. The steel windows and doors look incredible. The homewowner talks about this being a "gathering place for the social life of the family". Sliding glass doors open from the kitchen into a study area for the kids so Mom can keep an eye on homework while she cooks. If I could do my kitchen over this is what I'd do. I'd eliminate my formal living room and formal dining room and have this massive space where everyone hangs out. I think if I had this kitchen, I wouldn't even mind cooking???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is pretty fantastic!!! Can't wait to make your cookies from below and tighten up my panties

Robyn Thompson said...

i just came across your work through your comment on sunday suppers, and it is gorgeously inspiring!