Friday, December 11, 2009

My friend Betsy Brown



I am an interior designer, and for the most part I love my taste, but every once in awhile I see a designers work that really excites me. If money were no object I would hire Betsy Brown to come over and work her magic. I love what she calls her “harmony of opposites and her comfortable mix of contrasting elements.” Her style is simple yet elegant, blacks and whites, wood and iron, glossy and matte. It works so well. I ‘ve been saving these tear sheets since her home was featured in House Beautiful in 2007. Betsy resides in Birmingham, Alabama…..If only she lived in Walpole, I’m sure we’d be friends and maybe she’d offer some advise. See the complete article at http://www.housebeautiful.com/





all images from House Beautiful 2007

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, I love this place too. I could easily just live there and not change a thing.

Jennifer said...

I just found your blog through Trina's and I love it! I live in Birmingham and though I haven't stalked out Betsy's house (yet) I drool over her storefront quite often :)