Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tweet, Treat and Peek

WOW, say that three times fast. I have been wonderfully busy and have not had time to blog.  However I have been tweeting? Twittering? Making Tweets? (I know really?)My web and PR person; Luke Bunting has suggested I join Twitter (it makes me chuckle even to write that).  We have gone back and forth over this and I truly believe that  no one really cares what I do on an hourly, daily, monthly basis...so why tweet???  OK, I've started (now you're chuckeling). I'm not really sure what a hash-tag is and I'm not really sure I'm tweeting correctly, yet I've reluctantly joined the twitter-sphere.  One of my first tweets was about my favorite plant; White Geraniums....They are out and they are beautiful.  White Geraniums make any vase or vessel look amazing, they add so much to any room and they are sooooooooo reasonable...Enjoy them while they are out and follow me if you dare on twitter..OYE.

Now onto my treat, I had the pleasure of shooting again for Twin Farms twinfarms.com in Barnard, Vermont with the fabulously talented photographer Jim Westphalen jimwestphalen.com and his team of amazing shooters, Bill and Lenny.  We covered many of the spaces there and  had the pleasure of shooting Katie Ridder's katieridder.com new spaces in Hillside and Grotto.  I can't show everything at this point but I'll give you a glimpse of what she did...BRILLIANT.



And now onto my Sneak Peek.  I have had the wonderful pleasure of working with a client in a neighboring town .  This client called me after she saw my article in Yankee Magazine www.kellymcguillhome.com about my home.  She thought it was serendipitous that she loved and connected to my style and we  basically lived  five minutes from each other.  My client and her husband in their early seventies (yup 70's) have decided to change things up a bit.  Out goes the wallpaper in every room, out goes the mantle and fireplace that they never liked, out goes the colored rugs. There will be new paint for the oak kitchen cabinets, a new mantle, new crown molding , new window treatments and new furnishing.   I've been so lucky to work with them on this project and so lucky to have the dream team on this project.  Ritchie Burns of R &B concepts is the GC and master carpenter.  Ray Heatley of Clover painting is the master painter , Jim Matta of Lauren Michaels is my go-to window treatment creator...Yeah.  I'll be sending images as we go along but here are a few for starters.  .
 The mantel my client never liked

phase 1 of our new mantle by Richie Burns
Before (After soon to come )

And last but not least.  I did this cute crafty idea for Yankee magazine years ago, it would make a great Mother's Day gift.  SO easy to do and so affordable.  Apothecary jar , chalk board paint ,bird seed and chalk .


6 comments:

Julie Nichols said...

LOVE the white Geranium and the Apothecary jar project. I like the simplicity.
I am a new blogger and just joined twitter. I'll try to find you and follow.
Julie

ART aka Anna-Ruth Taynton said...

White geramiums = Brilliant! I love the fact that, at 70, your clients are totally changing their look and updating...keeping it fresh. Love your style!

Unknown said...

Excellent article, just another request, would you be able to elaborate the fourth paragraph in more depth please? Thanks
This is a very exciting blog post, I have been looking for this know how. Just so you recognize I located your blog when I was finding for sites like my own, so please look at my site anytime and write me a short review to let me know how you feel.
Cccam Server | Cardsharing | Cardsharing Server | Dreambox Cccam | Dreambox Cardsharing


Anonymous said...

Kelly! We miss your blog posts! Please come back & show us some more beautiful images of your home & projects you're working on. Thanks!
Leigh

Unknown said...

The bedroom is so sweet and total Awesome Home decor Ideas you applied. Thanks.

Monnaie Ernakulam said...

Lovable interior designing and interior furnishing!