Monday, November 7, 2011

Love it, Hate it


This weekend I found myself home alone; this is not something that happens often. I decided to catch up on some of the new releases out now on demand.  The first movie that I watched is called Romantics Anonymous. It is a french film with English subtitles.  I hope this doesn't dissuade you from partaking.  "The movie tells the story of Angelique a gifted chocolate maker whose uncontrollable shyness prevents her from acknowledging her talents.  Struggling chocolate maker Jean-Rene ,who also suffers from a similar case of awkard bashfulness that threatnens to drown his company, hires Angelique as his new sales associate.  Realizing she's attracted to her boss, Angelique decideds to anonymously create a new line of chocolates to save the company. "* So much more happens in this delictable comedy and I found myself smiling throughout the entire film..On a much different note I decided to watch the film, "I melt with you", it's a story about 4 former high school friends that reunite for a reunion of sorts.  This movie was such a buzz kill for me.  Forty minutes into it I wanted to start pulling my hair out.  After one hour, I decided to shut it off. Life is just way too short ...But the whole experience got me thinking about design that I love and design that I just hate.  As we all know, it's all about what speakes to you/me.  And what I love, love love, you might just hate, hate hate, I get it, infact, you might really like the movie, I melt with you. Here are a few images of design that really speaks to me, and some design that I don't like...The main reason for me blogging about this is to get you to watch this delicious movie, Romantics Anonymous, I just know it will make you smile and add a kick to your day...
Loves:


Thomas O'Brien...I just love everything he does and everything he touches.  This is his living room in his Country house. 

This is what my next kitchen is going to look like, I just love this from House Beautiful, so simple, so
bright, so fabulous.















Orrick and Company: These designers are amazing, everything they do, I LOVE.














Betsy Brown design, I just love everything she does...

















Stephen Knollenberg interiors
And for the design that I hate, I'm not sure if it's my Catholic guilt or my mother's voice in my ear saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.", so I'm going to leave it at that....Please do yourself a favor and watch Romantics Anonymous, you'll be so happy you did... And for my favorite design, of which I had something to do with:

Casey
Ryan








* from the imdb synopsis

6 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Never heard of the movie, thanks for the suggestion! Good looking boys, you should be proud!

the gardener's cottage said...

i will put the movie on my netflix. thanks for the recommendation.

all the designs you loved remind me of your designs. which i LOVE.
when are you coming to cali? i need you!

xo
janet

ps - those boys are pretty dang cute too.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Thanks SO much for blogging again! I always look forward to your posts.
Handsome sons, by the way!

Leigh

mariareilly said...

Kelly, I LOVE your website...it's so much fun to be able to follow what you're up to! The boys are so grown up and handsome! XO Maria

Bailey Ana said...

I'm definitely going to check out this film, I love French movies.

Zane Wooder said...

Cute movie. It's funny how chocolate and romance always seem to come together.