Saturday, December 19, 2009

J.K.

All this talk of snow and shoveling got me dreaming of vacations and where I'd stay when I got there.The first place that came to mind was Florence, Italy. I want to share with you some images of J.K. place . I’ve never stayed there , although I have it on my list of places to go and stay, before I die. The interiors excite me. They manage to create a harmony of opposites that works so well. I love their mix of old and new, black and white, shiny and matte, silver and gold... Their webpage is a go-to site for inspiration for me. I hope it will be for you too….http://www.jkplace.com/

I love the dark stained floors and the white wing chairs.  The black shiny frames stand out against the cool gray walls.The  stainless steel lights add a modern flair.   White orchids and white flowers create warmth in this space. Large simple framed black and white art work stand out against the walls. (check out west elm for reasonably priced frames).










Here are a few really affordable alternatives to create the feel of this space.  All from ballard designs www.ballard designs.com